CAEP Allocation Amendment: 2019-20 34 Mt. San Antonio Regional Consortium for Adult Education
34 Mt. San Antonio Regional Consortium for Adult Education
Allocation Amendment Summary
The Fiscal Declaration information in this section has been provided as a courtesy. It has not been changed since CFAD has been approved by the Member Representatives.
- Consortium Name
- 34 Mt. San Antonio Regional Consortium for Adult Education
- Funding Channel
- Direct Funded
- The new three-year plan for Mt. SAC Regional Consortium for Adult Education, under development at this time, is framed to continue existing goals and objectives in 2019-20. A plan team comprised of a combination of administrators and staff from across the consortium, convened monthly to review consortium performance data, local census information, labor market projections and stakeholder input. The general consensus was to continue focus on the identified goals of program growth, college and career pathways and transitions, online and distance learning, data and accountability, and increased student services. Funds will continue to be used to support the ongoing operations of member campuses for CAEP designated areas and to implement consortium goals and objectives. Though these goals remain as our overarching framework, certain members are concerned that current and any increases in allocations (i.e. COLA), may have to be used to cover costs for local district contractual increases in teacher and staff wages and benefits, thereby affecting member s ability to expand or even maintain certain levels of programming.
- Beginning in January 2019, Steering Committee members reviewed and discussed member performance data in conjunction with potential 2019-20 funding scenarios. Based on these conversations, members voted to preliminary approve allocating the 2019-20 COLA proportionally to all members at the February 19, 2019 meeting. In accordance with the local governance plan, a final approval vote was conducted at the March 18, 2019 meeting. All members were present, delivering a unanimous vote affirming the proportional allocation of the COLA increase.
Amended Member Allocations for 2019-20
- leticia Covarrubias
- (626) 472-5134
- John Kerr
- (626) 856-4116
- Rocky Bettar
- Director Adult Education/Career Preparation
- (626) 965-5975
- Albert Michel
- (626) 456-1581
- Madelyn Arballo
- Associate Vice-President, School of Continuing Education
- (909) 274-5228